Stage 4 restrictions have been implemented in Melbourne from Thursday 6 August till Sunday 13 September (6 weeks).
Our Admin support team:
Our admin support team is now working from home. Calls, emails and voicemails will be answered during and after business hours in case of an emergency. We can attend to any urgent quotes and work orders requests as per normal.
For non-urgent request or quotes, we can schedule the same well in advance just after the lockdown.
The maintenance or services required for the purpose of maintaining the health and safety of the occupants of residential or commercial properties are deemed ‘essential services’. As such, all SBS Australia staff and technicians have been issued the correct permits to ensure service continuity of your critical assets during this pandemic.
Repair and Maintenance work:
In accordance with the requirements of the State Government and advice from the Strata Community Association (SCA), all our SBS technicians will continue to provide services to properties for any essential services required to maintain health and safety. Works which involve repairs to hazards which could damage people or property, or general sanitation (cleaning, waste removal etc.) can continue.
Our SBS maintenance crew will be on hand 24/7 for those emergencies.
According to the Residential Tenancy Act 1997 (RTA) here is a list that can be used as a guide for understanding Permitted Work Activity:
- Burst water service
- Emergency Plumbing / Electrical
- COVID-19 cleaning & disinfection
- Leak repairs
- Repairs required to fix a burst pipe
- Pest control
- Roof leaks
- Blocked Sewers
- Broken toilet system
- Hot Water Repairs
- Gas Appliance Servicing
- Fallen trees Heating / Cooling
- broken windows / urgent glazing
- Security gates – loss of access control to exits (manual or electronic)
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering.
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
- Fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
- Faulty or broken smoke alarm, exit lighting, door hardware.
- Serious damage to external doors or windows.
- A serious fault or hazard to external stairs, handrails, ramps, pathways that could result in personal injury.
- Failure of public lighting
- All our trades are working with COVID safe plan and permits.
- We keep a register for every job that we’ll carry out for tracing purposes.
- We have a documented COVID Safe Plan accessible to all of our workers.
If you find yourself in need of any of the above emergency services, give us a call on (03) 9854 6289 (office hours)
Nick Licciardi: 0414 833 491
Elisha Singh: 0406 241 427